Daily Healthy Habits to Preserve Naturally Youthful Skin
Posted August 27, 2019 in Skin Care
Naturally youthful, soft, healthy skin is a common desire of most people, but it can be a challenge to achieve. Genetics, environment, stress, daily habits, gravity, and other internal and external forces can impact the appearance and texture of your skin.
Our team in Williamsville, NY, has created a comprehensive list below of daily habits that can preserve naturally youthful skin.
Drink Plenty of Water
Staying hydrated will naturally moisturize your skin and help rid it of impurities. Have water with you at all times and continue to drink it throughout the day. Water intake can help you feel better and improve your skin.
Clean and Moisturize Your Face
Maintain a regular skin care regimen that will properly cleanse your face and help retain moisture, so your skin stays fresh. Typically, washing every morning and evening is beneficial.
- Keep your hands off of your face. The oils and bacteria from your hands can clog your pores.
- Choose a skin care routine that works for you and your skin type. Do you have oily, dry, or combination skin? Each skin type requires a different approach to skin care than the other, so pay attention to what your skin needs.
- Do not over scrub your skin. If you have blemishes or break out once in a while, be careful not to irritate your skin by scrubbing too hard or using too many harsh chemicals that can dry it out.
Glo Skin Beauty Products
Formerly known as Glo Therapeutics, Glo Skin Beauty is designed to meet your needs and balance your skin type. The formula does not contain parabens and is comprised of only highly concentrated, quality plant derivatives, nutrients, and antioxidant ingredients. These formulations help firm, repair, and smooth the skin for a refreshed appearance.
Our office offers two formulas. Glo Signal Smoothing Relief, which is free from dyes, fragrances, gluten, nuts, and soy for sensitive skin, and the Glo Therapeutics Professional line.
Adopt a Healthy, Well-Balanced Diet
Consuming foods that are high in nutrients, minerals, and vitamins can help balance out your bodily functions and clear up your skin. There are many diets to choose from, so you may want to do some research and consider discussing what foods are best for you with your primary physician.
Undergo Non-Surgical Treatments
Minimally invasive skin-correcting treatments can help enhance and rejuvenate your skin without downtime or surgery. Our office offers microneedling to address facial aging, and Le MediSpa offers other treatments to pamper and refresh your skin.
Start an exercise routine with plenty of cardio and ramp up your times to help reduce stress. You can start small and build up your exercise habits, adding weights and core training as you go. Once you develop a habit of working out, it becomes easier to incorporate into your schedule.
Some easy ways to start adding more cardio to your daily routine can include:
- Start parking further away, when possible, so you can walk to and from the store, mall, or an appointment.
- Take the stairs instead of the ramp or an elevator.
- If you live close to a store you need to visit or to your work, try walking or riding your bike there.
- Use your breaks at work or any downtime to take a walk. You can walk to a local park, around the building, or even just around your home.
- Start moving! Procrastination can keep you from much needed fresh air and exercise.
Avoid Bad Habits
Unhealthy habits, such as smoking, can have adverse side effects on the skin and nails. Cutting back on alcohol intake and quitting smoking can significantly improve your overall health, which in turn is reflected by your appearance.
Lower Your Stress Level
Find a hobby or activity that can help manage your stress levels to keep them low. When your stress is reduced, your appearance can improve.
Would you like to learn more about the skin care products we offer or a facial aging treatment? Call our office at 716-631-1220 to schedule an appointment, or fill out our contact form to get in touch.