Although everyone experiences aging, some of the effects of maturation can be bothersome and take a toll on a person’s self-esteem. Facial rejuvenation reverses signs of aging in both men and women, revitalizing their look and improving their quality of life. While many patients know about BOTOX® Cosmetic and facelift surgery, there are countless surgical and non-surgical options available to revive the facial aesthetic. Facial rejuvenation encompasses various procedures designed to restore youthfulness to the face, turning back the clock on signs of aging.
The Benefits of Facial Rejuvenation
- A more youthful appearance
- Improved self-confidence
- Smoother, tighter skin texture
- A clear, even complexion
Reasons for Facial Rejuvenation
Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Over time, the skin loses collagen support, which can result in fine lines and wrinkles. These are natural indicators of aging, but they are not always welcome. Several facial rejuvenation procedures can address fine lines and wrinkles, smoothing and improving skin texture quality.
Aging causes the skin to lose elasticity, which leads to unwanted sagging. Because the face is one of the most noticeable characteristics a person has, facial sagging is hard to camouflage using at-home methods. Facial rejuvenation procedures can correct loose skin and restore a more youthful appearance.
Another common indicator of aging is facial volume loss. Volume loss can contribute to undesirable qualities such as sunken cheeks, hollowed eyes, and wrinkles. Surgical or non-surgical facial rejuvenation techniques can address volume loss by plumping recessed areas of the face.
- Alleviates a tired appearance and reduces eyelid puffiness
- Removes excess skin from the upper and/or lower eyelids
- Can be combined with other procedures for comprehensive rejuvenation
- Improves jawline definition
- Eliminates sagging skin in the lower face
- Smooths wrinkles and fine lines in the lower face
- Corrects sagging eyebrows
- Diminishes deep horizontal creases across the forehead
- Smooths frown lines between the brows
- Improves skin tone, texture, and pigment
- Can also reduce the appearance of scars, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Uses tiny needles to create microchannels in the skin, triggering collagen production
- Reduces signs of aging in the neck
- May involve liposuction or excision
- Frequently performed in conjunction with other procedures, such as facelift surgery
- Reduces fine lines, scars, and skin blemishes
- Employs a carbon dioxide or erbium laser
- Layers of skin are removed to reveal a healthy, new surface
- Restores wrinkled, sun damaged, and blemished skin
- A solution is applied to the skin to peel away uppermost layers of skin
- A healthier surface is formed after healing
BOTOX® Cosmetic blocks specific muscle movement to create smoother skin in the following areas:
- Crow’s feet
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Wrinkles on the neck
- Fine lines around the mouth
Dermal fillers can correct the following cosmetic issues:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Poor skin texture
- Volume loss
Before & After
Can I combine facial rejuvenation procedures?
Yes, many patients achieve optimal results by combining procedures that address two or more cosmetic concerns simultaneously. For example, because a facelift only corrects signs of aging in the lower face, it can be paired with eyelid or forehead lift surgery for complete facial rejuvenation.
How much does facial rejuvenation cost?
The cost of facial rejuvenation is determined on a patient-by-patient basis. Many factors, including surgical fees, anesthesia fees, the technique used, and the extent of correction will affect the ultimate cost of your procedure. An exact quote will be determined during your initial consultation.
Will my procedure result in visible scarring?
Mild scarring is possible as a result of surgical facial rejuvenation. Scarring can also occur at injection sites or as a result of other non-surgical procedures, but the chances are slim. Great care is taken to place all incisions in discreet locations and to perform all procedures with meticulous precision.
Is facial rejuvenation permanent?
Surgical facial rejuvenation procedures are considered permanent, but they do not prevent further signs of aging from developing. Injectables typically require touch-up treatments anywhere between 2 to 18 months. Chemical peels and skin resurfacing tend to be long lasting but may need additional treatment years after the initial procedure.