Mommy Makeover in Buffalo, NY
A Mommy Makeover is designed specifically for women who have lost their firm and toned bodies after pregnancy and breastfeeding. No amount of diet and exercise can restore lost skin elasticity, and this loss of elasticity often contributes to unflattering loose, sagging skin. Post-pregnancy, many women are faced with deflated breasts and loose abdominal muscles. A Mommy Makeover uses a combination of breast enhancement and abdominal contouring procedures to restore your slender, more youthful pre-pregnancy body.
What Are the Benefits of Mommy Makeover Surgery?
Women choose to undergo Mommy Makeover surgery after one or more pregnancies or losing significant weight. This plastic surgery combination provides both physical body contour improvement and psychological benefits.
Adds Volume to the Breasts
It is very common to see your breasts deflate after pregnancy, especially if you breastfeed your child. Not only will your breasts become smaller, but they will look delated, similar to a balloon that is losing its air. Breast implants can restore this lost volume or create volume that wasn’t there before. Breast augmentation is commonly performed along with breast lift surgery to tighten and lift the breasts.
Eliminates Unwanted Fat Deposits
New fat pockets form throughout the body during and after pregnancy. These pockets are very difficult to tone with regular diet and exercise. Fortunately, liposuction techniques can pin-point these unwanted fat collections and permanently reduce them.
Achieves a More Toned and Defined Abdominal Contour
Women commonly experience loose skin, excess, fat, and separated abdominal muscles after one or more pregnancies. These can all be addressed with a tummy tuck. Tummy tuck surgery helps restore a toned and more youthful abdomen like no other procedure can.
Allows Clothing to Fit More Comfortably
Your altered contours after pregnancy or weight loss can become unbalanced or uneven. Unfortunately, this can make finding clothing that properly (or comfortably) fits a challenge. These procedures can enhance your overall figure and make you more comfortable.
Helps Restore Confidence
Just because you became a mother, it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t feel like your best self. Many women develop insecurities with their body contour after one or more pregnancies, and these concerns can leave lasting effects on their confidence and self-esteem.
What Are Your Mommy Makeover Options?
A Mommy Makeover usually consists of two or more of the following:
- Breast augmentation restores volume to the breasts using saline or silicone implants
- Ideal for women with naturally small breasts or breasts that have decreased in size after pregnancy and nursing
- Offers a variety of implant and placement options to achieve the results you desire
- Increasing the size of the breasts helps many women feel sexier in their bodies
- Breast lift surgery restores firm and youthful breasts
- Ideal for women who have adequate breast volume but lack definition or proper positioning
- Nipple relocation and resizing of the areola may also be performed to improve the appearance of the breasts
- Creating perkier, more shapely breasts helps many women look and feel younger
Abdominoplasty / Tummy Tuck
- Tummy tuck surgery tones the stomach by removing excess skin and tightening the abdominal muscles
- Ideal for women with a loose abdominal region that is resistant to diet and exercise
- Stretch marks on the lower abdomen are removed along with the excess skin
- A firmer abdomen allows women to feel confident in a wider range of clothing
- Liposuction slims your figure by eliminating excess fat deposits via vacuum suction
- Ideal for women with fat accumulations around the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, and arms
- Can be combined with an abdominoplasty to achieve a more defined abdominal contour
- A slimmer physique helps many women feel lighter and more comfortable in their skin
How Is Mommy Makeover Surgery Performed?
The techniques used during your Mommy Makeover will depend on the procedures being combined and the extent of those procedures.
Dr. Koch will guide you through your expected procedure during your consultation so that you know what to expect.
This surgery is performed under general anesthesia. Should the procedure be too complex (or too long), it may need to be separated into surgeries.
Before & After
What Can I Expect With My Mommy Makeover Recovery?
Mommy Makeover recovery can take up to six weeks or longer before you can return to your normal day-to-day activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don’t need all the procedures outlined in the Mommy Makeover?
The Mommy Makeover is designed to provide each patient with custom-tailored results. During your consultation with Dr. Koch, you will discuss your aesthetic goals. Together, you and he will decide which combination of procedures will benefit you.
What type of anesthesia is used during a Mommy Makeover?
All procedures outlined in the Mommy Makeover require the use of general anesthesia.
How long after my pregnancy should I wait before undergoing my Mommy Makeover?
It is important that you allow your body adequate healing time after pregnancy before undergoing a Mommy Makeover. Most women wait six months to a year. You should use diet and exercise to tone your body, strengthen your muscles, and lose any additional weight possible. This will help ensure the best results possible.
Does a Mommy Makeover result in scarring?
There may be some slight scarring associated with your procedures. Great care is always taken to place incisions in discreet locations that can easily be covered with clothing, underwear, or a swimsuit. Scars are likely to fade over time.
Can I have children after my Mommy Makeover?
It is not advised to have children following a Mommy Makeover. Additional pregnancies can alter the results of your procedures. However, no procedure in the Mommy Makeover prevents you from having children. Should you get pregnant after your Mommy Makeover, you can choose to have another plastic surgery procedure down the line.