A Back-to-School Treat for You
Posted August 22, 2017 in Mommy Makeover
The summer season is a hectic time for most moms. Kids full of energy at home 24/7, sports practice, swimming lessons, and activities with friends. You can run yourself ragged over the summer and forget to take any time for yourself. That back-to-school moment can be sad, but it can also provide you with some much-needed time to enjoy the calm. As you send your kids back to school, it might give you the chance to reflect on what you can do for yourself.
The busy lifestyle of a parent may mean that you spend less time focusing on yourself. It is common for us to see moms who are stressed, tired, and unhappy with their appearance. After having your children, restoring your pre-baby body may be more difficult to achieve than you thought. A Mommy Makeover may be just what you need to refresh your appearance and reclaim your confidence.
Mommy Makeover When Your Kids Return to School
It can be difficult to find the perfect time to undergo your Mommy Makeover, but the back-to-school season may be ideal for you. While you will still need help from your partner and friends with a carpool system, you will have long periods alone to recover, and you won’t need to do heavy lifting like if you had a baby still. The peace and quiet you have while the kids are away will help you recover quickly.
Additionally, undergoing a Mommy Makeover in the fall will help ensure that you are fully healed by the time the holidays roll around. You should always plan surgery at least two months before any major event to give enough time for swelling to subside and your results to become noticeable.
What Does Mommy Makeover Surgery Correct?
- Volume loss: A breast augmentation uses implants to restore lost breast volume that women often experience after nursing.
- Breast sagging: A breast lift repositions and firms the breasts for a more youthful and revitalized appearance.
- Abdominal pooch: A tummy tuck can restore a tighter, firmer abdominal contour, which you may struggle to achieve through diet and exercise.
- Stretch marks: A tummy tuck can also improve the amount and visibility of stretch marks by removing redundant folds of skin on which they are present.
- Excess fat: Liposuction can treat areas with stubborn fat deposits for a slimmer, toned appearance.
For more information about the Mommy Makeover recovery process, or to schedule a consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon, contact Dr. Koch today. You can call our office at (716) 631-1220 or contact us online.