Mommy Makeover Recovery Tips
Women who have given birth know that their bodies undergo drastic changes during the pregnancy process.
The stomach muscles can become loose and detached, stubborn fat deposits may form, and the breasts can appear saggy and deflated.
Mommy Makeover surgery is designed to address multiple bodily concerns in a single procedure.
Every Mommy Makeover is fully customized to achieve the patient’s desired results, and can include:
- A breast lift to raise the breasts to a higher position on the chest and eliminate any excess skin
- A tummy tuck to pull the abdominal muscles closer together and remove excess skin
- Breast augmentation to increase breast volume and enhance the shape of the breasts
- Liposuction to reduce excess fatty tissue
What Can I Expect After My Mommy Makeover?
For the first week after your surgery, you can expect to feel some mild discomfort and experience bruising, redness, and swelling.
When a Mommy Makeover includes a breast procedure, some patients feel pressure or tightness in their chest after surgery.
Patients who include tummy tuck surgery, also called abdominoplasty, will have compression garments gently wrapped around their torso to support their new contours and help minimize swelling and bruising.
Every patient heals at a different rate, but after the two-week mark, most symptoms should dissipate. You may feel ready to resume work and light exercise at this point.
How to Recover Comfortably
Below are some tips for a more comfortable recovery:
- Fill all of your prescription medications prior to surgery; you want to have those handy for your arrival home after surgery.
- Set up a comfortable, quiet recovery area with plenty of entertainment and pillows.
- Follow all postoperative care instructions.
- Have a loved one take care of you for the first few days, along with babysitting and helping around the house.
- Limit your physical activity and sleep in an upright position. Remaining in an upright position can help you heal quicker and ease standing up.
- Begin taking light walks around your home to promote blood circulation.
- Relax and get plenty of sleep.
- Stay hydrated and eat healthy, light meals.
- Take things slow and be patient. Listening to your body and communicating any concerns with your surgeon can help ensure your best results.
What Are the Results After a Mommy Makeover?
Once you fully heal after your Mommy Makeover surgery, your midsection should appear significantly improved with less fat or loose skin.
Dr. Koch is a board-certified plastic surgeon and has been practicing in the field for over 33 years. As an experienced plastic surgeon, he knows the female anatomy and can carefully sculpt your body to your ideal form.
Please view our photo gallery to see before and after photos of Dr. Koch’s patients.
Have More Questions?
Are you considering a Mommy Makeover? Dr. Koch is happy to discuss what the process entails and which procedures can benefit you.